Re: debian-advocacy?

On 10/14/2014 12:40 PM, Anders Wegge Keller wrote:

  I do not want to hear from someone acting out of a misplaced sense of
loyalty. I want someone who actually is capable of seeing why elitism isn't
going to save Debian in this case, to come forward, and create a place where
the issue can be hashed out.

The entire unwashed gospel of the entire Debian Project is that either you are a classified "member" or you are not. If not, you are a volunteer who made the choice to install Debian. As a volunteer you have exactly one right; to do nothing. Otherwise, you have no other rights and the members of Debian owe you nothing. Nothing at all.

So, it's not a matter of "elitism", it's a matter of the rest of us having zero say-so by never applying for full membership. You are free to do that. Then you can ~earn~ the right to be, as you call it, "elite".

Until then, you have no beef and are not entitled to have one. Yet, Andrei has earned that right. You haven't, so you are not his peer. Neither am I, nor most posting to this list. As they say in the "hood", "If you want respect you have to give respect." Debian, and it's members, owe us exactly nothing. That is the way of it. :/ Ric

Linux user# 44256