Re: debian-advocacy?

Anders Wegge Keller <wegge@wegge.dk>:
>  On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 17:33:55 +0100
>  Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This to one of our best and most measured contributors.  It's enough to
> > make one weep.
>
>   He could have been the pope. His attitude is part of the problem, not the

I didn't think that at all.  I do think your attitude is.  I thought
your reply to him was damned insulting.  WTF do you think you are
telling him (anyone) off like that?

>   I do not want to hear from someone acting out of a misplaced sense of
>  loyalty. I want someone who actually is capable of seeing why elitism isn't
>  going to save Debian in this case, to come forward, and create a place where
>  the issue can be hashed out.

Seen this?  https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd

btw, I've no sticks in this fire.  About all I know about this
controversy is Linus saying (paraphrased) he's got no real problem
with it and perhaps some things stick around due to that being the way
it's always been done.  This may or may not be one of them, I don't
know.

Note, you can't expect to change anyone's opinion by insulting them.  I
know that doesn't work on me, at least.

(*)    echo f.xrryvat@znvy.pbz | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
- -