Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?)

On 10/14/2014 at 09:26 AM, Martin Read wrote:

> On 14/10/14 13:54, Miles Fidelman wrote:
>
>> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>>
>>> Have you actually looked into what depends on systemd?
>>
>> Trying to.
>>
>> As a start - anything that depends on udev and logging come to
>> mind;
>
> Strictly speaking, yes, udev is part of the systemd suite. However,
> it is perfectly capable of being installed and run on a Debian jessie
> system without the rest of the systemd suite being installed; if it
> fails to work correctly in such a configuration, that is a bug and
> should be reported.

IIRC, Lennart has stated a desire/intention/goal to eventually drop
support for using udev without systemd.

Admittedly that statement was a long time ago (years now, I think), I
haven't heard of any movement or discussion in that direction on the
interim, and such support certainly has not been dropped as of now - but
I also haven't heard that he's retracted the statement in any sense or
form. (If he has, I'd be very glad to hear about it.)

--
   The Wanderer