Re: Moderated posts?

On 10/12/2014 at 12:30 PM, Joe wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 02:50:18 +1100 Andrew McGlashan
> <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

>> I could be speaking too soon, but either the list has died down a
>> little on systemd as a result of people having enough of trying to
>> bang their head against a brick wall -- or the filtering has
>> ramped up a level now.
>
> A post of mine of about seven hours ago has failed to appear, and it
> contained nothing contentious, and certainly nothing that could in
> any way have been construed as abusive or insulting. I was indeed
> agreeing, on at least two points, with one of the 'good guys'.
> Presumably, I used too many forbidden keywords.

My understanding is that the only filtering which has been stated to be
being used is not keyword-based, but thread-based. That is, if the post
is in a thread which has been added to the filter list, then it is
automatically filtered out without notification and without regard to
its contents.

I don't know what is used to determine which thread a filter is in; if I
were writing such a thing I'd probably try basing it on the inclusion of
a particular message in the References header, but that seems
potentially fragile.

It's not impossible that there is other filtering as well, but if so,
I'm not aware of the fact having been confirmed.

--
   The Wanderer