С уважением, Олег Слабоспицкий
консультант по ПО Oracle
ЗАО РДТЕХ

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 15:24:09 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sb, 11 oct 14, 15:56:02, Reco wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 13:53:20 +0300
> > Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Linus Torvalds "only" created the Linux kernel, which is notoriously
> > > monolithic[1].
> > >
> > > [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanenbaum%E2%80%93Torvalds_debate
> >
> > Yet, being monolithic, it provides hugezillion compile options and lots
> > of kernel modules which can be loaded and unloaded at user's pleasure.
> > Therefore Linux kernel is about a choice :)
>
> $ ls /lib/systemd/systemd* | wc -l
> 38

Upstream already did it for you - [1]. Actual maximum number is 69. And
that's not compile options, that's number of resulting binaries.

> (no, I won't be bothered to look up all systemd compile options)

[2] shows actual compile options example. Not that much, I'd say.
Comparing to the backported Debian Linux kernel 3.16 that's nothing:

$ grep ^[A-Z] /boot/config-3.16-0.bpo.2-amd64  | wc -l
4437

So, my point stands.

[1] http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/the-biggest-myths.html

[2]