Re: Removing unwanted language files from texlive.

My question "How did you install" was more aiming at the tool/application or
command you were using to install texlive.
Anyhow, I'd suggest to replace the texlive-full package by texlive and install
any additional TeX-package manually afterwards.
For package management I'm using aptitude. Therefore I've not tested the
following commands to achieve the replacement of texlive-full by texlive:

  apt-get install texlive
  apt-mark auto texlive-full
  apt-get autoremove

Especially, the last command may remove many even non texlive-related packages.
A dry-run, as

  apt-get -s autoremove

could help to decide if other packages should be marked as "manually installed"
before actually "autoremoving".
--
Best regards,
jvp.