Removing unwanted language files from texlive.

I've installed texlive getting *everything* which also includes getting
many language files that I am never going to use, such as cjk [japanese
I think], etc. How do I go about removing them in a sane way please? Is
it as simple as `sudo apt-get remove texlive-lang-*', and then just
adding back those that I do actually want and need, please? Will this
autorun things like `mktexlsr' which seems to be needed a lot judging by
today’s tex update?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.93.1