funny text in bash history

Booted this morning, started my usual pattern of bringing the appropriate apt-get commands up from history. (I'm lazy, okay?)

Had a bunch of  unicode proxies and a reference to a backup directory that I haven't accessed in several months in my most recent three lines, then the history that should have been there.

I can suppose that the arrow keys got accidentally pushed and brought up some really old line of history, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has seen history strangeness in the last several days.

No time right now, so I shut it back down. I'll boot the rescue partition with the box off-line tonight and check things carefully.

Joel Rees

Computer memory is just fancy paper,
CPUs just fancy pens.
All is a stream of text