Re: funny text in bash history

On 9/27/14, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> Booted this morning, started my usual pattern of bringing the appropriate
> apt-get commands up from history. (I'm lazy, okay?)
>
> Had a bunch of  unicode proxies and a reference to a backup directory that
> I haven't accessed in several months in my most recent three lines, then
> the history that should have been there.
>
> I can suppose that the arrow keys got accidentally pushed and brought up
> some really old line of history, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has
> seen history strangeness in the last several days.

I do A LOT of computing from terminals... and use arrow up and down
ALL THE TIME.. Autocomplete would so ROCK!

My history is inconsistently reflected because I open SO MANY windows
all day every day.. The most recent history that comes up seems to
depend on what terminal was closed last during the last session..

But that's every day, that's not *months* worth so it's not really any
help in your case.. Still thought I'd mention it with the thought
being it might help ease someone's mind out there as you discuss
what's going on with yours.. :)

Cindy

PS A little tip: For anyone who hasn't discovered it yet, CTRL+SHIFT+T
is a keyboard shortcut to bring up a terminal in some Debian based
distros out there.

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *