Re: Debian policy on alternate init systems

On 09/28/2014 09:25 AM, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:

How'd you ever find that in among every single other thing else that's
out there to study regarding anything Debian...?

Lucky google search I guess.

Soooo.... Genuine question, not trying to make any point in case it
comes across that way. I truly do not know. Does that occur now,
meaning is that "must support" being fulfilled?

I think the main concern is about future script maintenance, but I'm not in a position to answer that.

 As a disclaimer, the easy path to
continued across board interoperability may have been successfully
addressed in a Debian-User email that is simply waiting its turn to be
read..

I'm saving it for my next message :)

In the meantime this popped up on the google:

http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/65478-from-next-release-onwards-debian-is-tied-to-systemd

"It is notable that there is no language stating that it is mandatory to continue to support multiple init systems in Jessie. The committee only "expects" maintainers to continue to support other init systems. There is no compulsion, no hard-and-fast rule."