Re: bash vulnerability jessie

On 09/26/2014 at 03:44 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:

> The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> writes:
>
>> I have (trimmed for brevity):
>>
>> ======== $ apt-cache policy bash bash: Installed: 4.3-9.1
>>
>> $ bash --version GNU bash, version 4.3.25(1)-release
>> (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) ========
>>
>> This is as of just over 3 hours ago as I type this.
>
> I'm not sure what that means exactly... the different version
> numbers above.
>
> But here.... After finishing the post you quote above... I again
> ran `aptitude full-upgrade' (this is minutes ago) And there were no
> packages shown and nothing was done.

When did you last run 'apt-get update' or similar?

> To remove any doubt about environment I rebooted following the
> actions mentioned above.  Here is my info compared to yours
>
> apt-cache policy bash
>
> bash: Installed: 4.3-9

This is what I had prior to my most recent upgrade, the one from noon
today (a little under four hours ago now).

I ran 'apt-get update' literally minutes before running the install;
about the only thing I did in between was that same 'apt-cache policy'
command, to check whether there was in fact a new version to upgrade to.

- --
   The Wanderer