Re: systemd bug closed - next steps?

On Lu, 22 sep 14, 21:17:28, Marty wrote:

> 1) The goal is "modular Debian." Multi-init is the means to achieve
> it. Being tied to one init system is what caused Debian’s problems,
> and the replacement did not fix it. A modular system has to support
> all init systems, including systemd, clones and custom inits.

While you're at it how about also making sure we can have a dietlibc or
uClibc version of Debian? After all, depending on glibc is also not very
good. Oh, and don't forget about udev and X.Org. There is already work
in progress trying to compile Debian with something other than GCC, so
you don't need to worry about that.

Yes this is a joke, but only in part. It's very interesting how suddenly
people are so worried about Debian being tied to one piece of software,
while this has been happening all along.

Kind regards,
Andrei