Re: There is no choice

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 12:04:33PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> As best I can dredge it up quickly, the dependency chain is:
>
> gimp -> libgegl-0.2-0 -> libsdl1.2debian -> libpulse0 ->
> libsystemd-id128-0

Close, but no cigar :) On this system libsystemd-id128-0 is not
installed, and aptitude tells me:

$ aptitude why libsystemd-id128-0
i   rdesktop Suggests pcscd
p   pcscd    Suggests systemd
p   systemd  Depends  libsystemd-id128-0 (>= 38)

Maybe it's different for testing.

I'd point to libsystemd-login0, which get pulled by dbus, but the thing
is that I cannot understand why blame gimp for systemd's dependencies if
dbus is the real cause of 'trouble'.

<rant> There was that wonderful time that DMs built several variations
of popular packages (vim, emacs, exim4 come to mind) because users
were not happy with all dependencies such packages actually have. Yet
all we have in stable is exactly one variation of dbus built against
s*stemd just because 'user may want to try s*stemd which is a technology
preview'. <Insert some Debian CoC-violating expressions here> </rant>

Reco