Re: Whats your way of sharing data between PCs?

Am Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:01:36 -0400 schrieb PaulNM:

> Questions for the OP:
> Is the Desktop always on?  If so, it could be the master server.

No the Desktop is only used if the screens of the notebooks are to
small. ;-)

> Do you want to sync even if the laptops are not home, not just have
> copies of the files on them?

Yes and now. For the first step *No*, but I plan to sync parts of the
data with my Desktop in the office too. If you use PCs to store
informations, libraries, Codes and project data, it makes sense to "take
this stuff with you". So I should anseer *Yes*, but may be later.

> Do you want the laptops to sync with each other if the desktop isn't
> around?

No, that isn't important. My first idea was a VPN to my server at home.
It is Debian based and 24/7 up and running. But my internet here in
Germany is poor. I only have 450kB downstream and 35kB upstream. I think
these is may be not much. At least not for Unison, since it tries to read
to much stuff while checking / scanning for changes.

How much data is transfered by BTsync if no changes are made?

Have you ever had conflicts?