Whats your way of sharing data between PCs?

Hi.

I'm using Debian Wheezy on two Notebooks and one Desktop. All systems are
using NFS to access a NAS. While the notebooks have all data on there
local SSDs, the Desktop is working directly on the NFS share.

I currently use Unison to sync the data between the notebooks and the NAS.
This is very time consuming even with enabled "fast checking".

I choose this solution because I need to take the notebooks with me. So I
must have the data always up to date.

Is anyone in the same situation?

Is there a faster and more secure workflow?

Thanks for sharing your ideas.