Re: systemd/cgroups changing permissions (was: Re: Effectively criticizing decisions you disagree with in Debian)

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM, Chris Bannister
<cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:35:59AM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
>> 2014/09/22 5:21 "Ansgar Burchardt" <ansgar@43-1.org>:
>> >
>> > Hi Joel,

>> > I'm interested how use of systemd and cgroups will make a file in
>> > /etc/ssh or ~/.ssh change effective permissions. Could you explain that
>> > in simple, reproducible steps?
>>
>> When I can, I'll file a bug report. If ever.
>>
>> I know the theory, so I don't use those, so it's not a high priority for me.
>>
>> If you are interested, read the manuals,do the math, it falls out, even
>> though the manuals are written with a certain bias.
>
> So why post what you did above? Could you please stop spreading FUD!

My response to this, for the benefit of the mail archives:

Joel Rees

Computer storage is just fancy paper, the CPUs are just fancy pens.
All is a stream of text, flowing forever from the past into the future.