Re: Faking it with skype

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 18:36 +0200, Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> Hi Bret!
>
> Try to download my fixed package from here:
>
> http://www.ccpeine.de/downloads/skype-debian-4.2.0.11-2_i386.deb
>
> I am running testing, but should also run on stable (but not tested!)
>
> Good luck!
>
> Hans

Hello, Hans.

Thank you for the offer (I think that you may have offered it before,
for my Debian 7.x installation, but I am not sure).

However, whilst you have said that it is written for testing, but
should run on stable, would that also apply to oldstable?

>From what I understand, significant changes occurred from Debian 6 to
7 (apart from the replacement of GNOME2 with GNOME3 - which I have
covered by switching to LXDE on my Debian 7 installation), and I
wonder whether it would install and run on Debian 6.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."