Re: Issues upgrading Wheezy --> Jessie (was ... Re: brasero requires gvfs)

On 9/15/2014 3:27 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2014 19:42:40 Steve Litt wrote:
>> Every time you tell one of us to keep silent, three more of us speak
>> up. I don't know whether we're a minority, but if you and your cohorts
>> keep shushing us, we just might be the majority pretty soon.
>
> I wasn't telling anyone to keep silent!!  You are so fixated in your beliefs
> that you don't bother with facts any longer!
>
> I have asked you personally to keep silent because you do repeat and repeat
> and repeat and repeat....  But I haven't been successful have I?
>
> As you acknowledge, you are part of a minority.  Do stop bullying the rest of
> us.
>
> Lisi

Or, maybe there are a lot of people (like me) who have watched this
discussion with interest, but remained silent.  I, too, don't like the
way Debian is taking things with systemd.  From a device driver
developer's POV, I don't see any advantages, and see a lot of
disadvantages.  Plus, like others, I don't like the attitude of the
systemd developers.

So far I've seen some good reasons why Debian should not go that way.
But I've seen few technical reasons why this is a good idea.  Most of
the comments by supporters are along the lines of "this is a good thing"
(with no reasons), "It's going to happen so get used to it", or just
plain "shut up already!".

I've also read all of the past discussions referenced in this and other
discussions.  All they have done is make me even more leery of systemd.

I would love to hear some good technical reasons why this is a good idea.

Jerry