Re: Issues upgrading Wheezy --> Jessie (was ... Re: brasero requires gvfs)

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 17:22:16 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 13 September 2014 21:46:31 lee wrote:
> > I'd be happy to see some support.  I cannot speak for "the users"
> > or for "the free software community".
>
> No, you can't.
>
> > You users, and the community members,
> > whoever they are, need to speak as well.
>
> Perhaps, just perhaps, many of them don't agree.  You appear to be a
> very vocal minority.
>
> Lisi

Point of information: The topic to which lee spoke was a skepticism
about systemd. Now for my response to Lisi...

Lisi, you remind me of myself, as Hurricane Jeanne
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Jeanne) was receding. I was on
my roof, nailing down roof shingles. My neighbor watched my roof
activities through his window, and later told me "I didn't know whether
to laugh or cry, because for every shingle you nailed down, three more
blew away."

Every time you tell one of us to keep silent, three more of us speak
up. I don't know whether we're a minority, but if you and your cohorts
keep shushing us, we just might be the majority pretty soon.

SteveT