Re: USB bootable debian stick wont boot on 890FXA-GD65 mobo.

On Sun 14 Sep 2014 at 21:21:37 +0300, Alexandros Prekates wrote:

> I made many test but what is more significant ( i think)
> is that the same usb stick with memtest86 (proposed from pendrive as a
> testing case[1])  :
>
> but if following the debian installation instructions[2] i
> execute:
>
> # cp debian.iso /dev/sdX
> # sync

This is a correct command. You can also do

  cat debian.iso > /dev/sdX

or

  dd if=debian.iso of=/dev/sdX

The usb stick has to be recognised by the OS, of course. dmesg will tell
you whether it is.

> After rebooting i see no messsage so ever, and the system boot from
> hard disk.

Shouldn't happen. Your machine is set up to boot from USB?

> I checked usb stick with fdisk -l and the fs type is: W95 FAT32
> and i can see debian files in the contents of the stick.

Please give the output of 'fdisk -l'.

> I tested debian-7-6-0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso
> debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso
> debian-testing-amd64-CD-1.iso

It shouldn't make any difference, but how does a wheezy image go?