Re: /etc/hosts format WAS [Re: host hostname not found]

On Fri 12 Sep 2014 at 22:29:22 +0400, Reco wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:23:56 +0100
> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > DNSSD is the *only* method for printer discovery with cups-daemon in
> > Jessie.
>
> Oh, that changes things somewhat as I didn't know that. May need to
> research the motivation of CUPS upstream for this step. I take it that
> my other arguments don't meet any objection from your side?

If you are referring to "dhcp option 9" I'm afraid I didn't spend very
long looking at that because there wasn't anything which made me sit up
and take notice; I'm prepared to acknowledge I might have missed
something. Howvever, my focus is on how the printing system actually
works in Debian and not on replacing the role of avahi.