Re: need suggestion on Virtualization backup/DR site.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:57:57 +0500
Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the input i really appreciate that. but i have a confusion
> to clear. if i use direct rsync and rsync with Backuppc what is the
> difference?

First, backups are nightly compressed and same files are hardlinked,
so keeping a looong history is not a problem at all (AFA you have
enough free inodes; I's recommend XFS as the reception FS); 2nd,
you can trigger another backup (or restore) whenever you want,
3rd if you have users, they can also trigger a backup/restore when
needed from the http(s) backuppc interface, 4th as backups are
presented as a tree which goes down to the file level, you can
just B/R one file at a time if needed.