Re: 32 bit color depth with NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev a2)

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 07:17:27 -0400
Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid this is not correct. If I use, say, the VESA server, I
> can set color depth to 32 bits.

This is correct, a tiny bit of self researches would
have told you so (and if you don't trust me, try to get
an integer number of bits dividing 32 by 3…)

> If I use the proprietary NVIDIA
> driver, I cannot. Why not?

Because:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA_BIOS_Extensions#cite_note-32bit-3

--
<Wilson> what's the car of your dreams?
<Jambon-sama> Batmobile !!!
<Irène> -_-" seriously? What a pity!
<Choupinette> big geek XD
<Lucie> and stop saying we have common genes TT_TT
<Natou> wait girls! this is also my dream car!
<Wilson> O_o
<Jambon-sama> *3* my darling cousin!!!!
<Irène> no but seriously!
<Natou> frankly, it is the feminine ideal: it grabs you home when its raining,
        it parks itself and furthermore door opens when you have an
        armful of shopping, it is convenient.
<Lucie> +1
<Irène> +1
<Choupinette> +1