Re: Query about existence of way to free up unnecessary RAM usage

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 03:30:40 +0800
Bret Busby <bret.busby@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alright, then; it is doing token swapping - with 99% of 16GB memory
> usage, and, swapping only 4% of (about) 40GB swap capacity, you can't
> seriously tell me that the swapping is working as it should be.

Anyway, a swap of 40GB is too much for a RAM of 16GB (should be
around 16-20GB), unless you perform operations that generates
a lot of intermediary results).

As I already said, 95% of JS scripts are written with feet;
and it is not unusual to find either infinite loops or
anything from the whole panel of programming malpractices
into them…

What is this command returning? sysctl -a|grep swap

What is the output of: ps aux ?