Re: Restricted wifi after routine jessie upgrade

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 01:37:33 +0200, Bzzzz wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 23:21:05 +0000 (UTC)
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
>
>> I can't connect to wifi at all.

Not quite true, it seems.  Now that I'm back at home, it connects to my
home wifi just fine. So it looks as if I have trouble only when I want to
connect to a different wifi than I connected to last time.  This even
though before the upgrade it connected fine.

And aptitude will now talk to remte package repositories, at least when
I'm at home.

> Check the status of wpa-supplicant and test w/ another wifi wrapper
> (such as wifi-radar).

uh.  How do I check that status?  And how do I test with wifi-radar.
What I'm using, as far as I know, is the network manager, that apparently
being the default for xfce.

-- hendrik