Re: Restricted wifi after routine jessie upgrade

On Tue, 9 Sep 2014 00:05:56 +0000 (UTC)
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> Not quite true, it seems.  Now that I'm back at home, it connects to
> my home wifi just fine. So it looks as if I have trouble only when I
> want to connect to a different wifi than I connected to last time.
> This even though before the upgrade it connected fine.
>
> And aptitude will now talk to remte package repositories, at least
> when I'm at home.

Hm, could be a DHCP lease file problem, close your connection then
goto /var/lib/dhcp and rename dhclient_leases to dhclient_leases_OFF
(I just done that, but it seems not to be used anymore by NM, give it
a try anyway and see what's happening (w/ other networks that home)).

As NM is often upgraded (in sid), so this can also be a bug; in this
case, you should try (as root) to make new connections files
into /etc/Network-Manager/system-connections and restart NM manually.

> > Check the status of wpa-supplicant and test w/ another wifi wrapper
> > (such as wifi-radar).
>
> uh.  How do I check that status?  And how do I test with wifi-radar.
> What I'm using, as far as I know, is the network manager, that
> apparently being the default for xfce.

My wlan0 disappears when closing NM networking and I can't ifup it :(
NM seems to preempt it (I see pieces of it into policykit:((
Same shit that w/ systemd;(((