Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On Wed 27 Aug 2014 at 17:13:26 +0200, Bzzzz wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:19:02 +0100
> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >   However, it is considerably better at detecting errors than sysvinit.
>
> This isn't the thing that repels me; a better detection of potential
> problems is of course a good thing.

That's all I wanted to establish. What you initially viewed as a problem
turned out to have a happy ending and your system is now heathier, Also,
we have all learned something about the thought put into the design of
systemd.

> But it is the other aspects of systemd where I join Paul Venezia about
> the philosophy behind O-S softwares and behind *nices.

Please join him on the site where his article is published; there is a
comments section. Perhaps other like-minded people would like to
accompany you.