Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:18:23 -0400
Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:

> To some material that at least one list member (me) found very useful
> and informative.

You're not alone.

I followed all links given by the article, which convince me of one
thing: I don't want this on my machines, especially on servers
(and a recent unpleasant problem raised by systemd getting in
emergency mode just for a bad line into /etc/fstab (that never
caused any problem with sysV) has finished to convince me).

The 'kernel debug systemd bug' thread is also edifying enough…

I strongly hope Debian will still keep sysV available without any
systemd part involved; otherwise I'm afraid it'll abruptly end
15 years of fidelity.

Jean-Yves