Re: Glitches in VLC on Debian 7 Xfce

On 08/27/2014 05:48 AM, Muntasim Ul Haque wrote:
Hi,
I have HP ProBook laptop with ATI Radeon HD 8600/8700M Series 2GB
graphics. I have a problem. While playing videos in VLC, it pauses or
stops for a little and resumes again. It shows glitches. I did
everything following Debian AtiHowTo Wiki. But the problem still
persists. I don't have such problem in Ubuntu.
So how can I solve this?

Recently having the very same problem, using Jessie. No problem using xine though. I think I will just bite the bullet and convert to sid for the very latest version of VLC. Funny thing, I fixed this very same jerky behavior problem moving up to Jessie. :/ Ric