Re: Surprisingly cheap HP 255 G2 laptop; Wheezy possible?

On Friday 22 August 2014 16:09:22 Steve Litt wrote:
> It makes me sad that, since my kids went away to college in 2011, the
> price of 4GB RAM laptops have remained stagnant. This laptop translates
> into $361.32 USD, a price you could get in 2011 if you aggressively
> shopped back to school sales

Not in the UK you couldn't.  You have to believe Ron - I'll back him up - this
laptop is surprisingly cheap in this country.

Many things have their prices bumped up here.  For years it was far cheaper to
travel to buy a car in mainland Europe as a special order and ship it over
here than buy one here.  And as for software (you look at download prices for
the UK as opposed to the USA) and IT, there is a huge extra premium for
living here.

Lisi