Surprisingly cheap HP 255 G2 laptop; Wheezy possible?

List, good morning,

There's an attractive offer in UK for an HP 255 G2 laptop, from Misco:

http://www.misco.co.uk/product/Q730917/

and I wondered whether anybody had had good experience running Wheezy on it? I had two queries, touchpad, and UEFI,

Searching revealed that its Synaptics touchpad is causing problems in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/+bug/1325992

but I've no idea whether this meant problems were with the Synaptics driver and might occur with Wheezy. A sort-of assessment for Linux on it is here:

http://www.linux-hardware-guide.com/uk/2014-07-12-hp-255-g2-notebook-15-6-zoll-1-gh

I've two applications for this machine, one would be text based so the touchpad wouldn't be an issue, but the other would employ a graphical desktop, and be mounted on the top shelf of a cabinet, so an external mouse wouldn't be an option. So I wondered in particular whether anybody had Wheezy on this, and managed to use the touchpad?

Could I ask about UEFI? It would, presumably, have a UEFI bios, as well and, while I've seen lots of postings about UEFI on the list, I have never used a UEFI system and didn't really understand what was being said. Are there still problems with UEFI, or will Wheezy install quite happily on UEFI these days?

[HP 255 G2 seems to come in at least two AMD CPU flavours. The subject model uses AMD A4-5000M, while another 255 G2 (similar price but requiring time-windowed cashback)
http://www.misco.co.uk/product/223145/
uses AMD E1-2100 .]

Grateful for any thoughts.

regards, Ron