Re: enabling remote X Window sessions

 Hi.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 08:10:45 -0500
"Buchs, Kevin J." <buchs.kevin@mayo.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the comment, Nuno. I only want to run a single X client, so
> XDMCP is not the way to go. My problem is solely getting Xorg to start
> on Debian without the -nolisten tcp argument. On CentOS, this is the
> default and I can run remote X clients without any issues. Since
> switching to Debian, I have been thwarted.

Running a single application remotely is hardly a justification to
running main Xorg in insecure mode.

Have you tried Xephyr (nested X server)?
What about Xtightvnc?

Both of those listen X protocol on tcp by default, and allowing remote
X clients to run is a simple matter of xhost on their DISPLAY.

BTW, which version of CentOS has such horrible defaults? I'd like to
know so to avoid it in the future.

Reco