Re: enabling remote X Window sessions

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 08:10:45AM -0500, Buchs, Kevin J. wrote:
> Thanks for the comment, Nuno. I only want to run a single X client,
> so XDMCP is not the way to go. My problem is solely getting Xorg to
> start on Debian without the -nolisten tcp argument. On CentOS, this
> is the default and I can run remote X clients without any issues.
> Since switching to Debian, I have been thwarted.

A secure way would be to SSH from the X11 server to the client, example:

   x11-server-this-is-the-screen% ssh -X client-where-app-is-started xclock

then xclock displays on the screen, completely safely and security through
SSH.

However, if you really want to open the TCP port 6000 so as to make your
X11 setup insecure, you simply need to modify

   /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc

and remove the `-nolisten tcp'