Re: Gnome for jessie

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 22:56:53 -0400 (EDT), Stephen L. Novak wrote:

> I'm only submitting that I would vote to see gnome as the default
> interface for jessie too.  Also, I would vote change the default
> highlighter for some of the default menus in the new Xfce to a brighter
> color.  Thanks for all the work on Wheezy.

My main objection to GNOME as the default desktop environment is
that it *requires* 3D graphics acceleration from the X driver,
something which is not available from all drivers.  (For example,
the mach64 driver which I am using right now as I compose this e-mail
does not have 3D graphics acceleration.)

XFCE does not have this requirement.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :