Re: networking fails with temporary systemd (was auto starting of ppp has stopped working)

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Rusi Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> To add to my earlier report:
>
> I managed to remove graphviz and its associated libraries.
>
> So that now aptitude dist-upgrade gives me only 1 'issue' :

>  systemd-sysv : Conflicts: sysvinit-core but 2.88dsf-53.3 is to be installed.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
>      Remove the following packages:
> 1)     sysvinit-core

You can either accept to remove sysvinit-core and run with systemd
only or install systemd-shim and you won't be prompted to install
systemd-sysv - and you'll be able to boot with sysvinit by default or
systemd if you add "init=/lib/systemd/systemd" to the kernel cmdline.
(the archives have this repeated a number of times!)