Re: systemd fails to poweroff - "A stop job is running for Session 2 of user $USER"

On 12/08/14 22:23, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 12 August 2014 17:53:19 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
But if the english meaning of the words give
exact this difference, so well. In my understanding there never was much of
a difference between halt and poweroff.
I'm not quite clear what you are saying, but if you are saying that there is
not give much difference in the English meaning of the words poweroff and
halt, then I must take issue with you.

Halt simply means stop.  Poweroff means turn the power off.  A big difference
in the words.  Think of a car at traffic lights.  You stop it: halt it.  You
do not power off, i.e. turn the engine off.  (Unless you accidentally stall
it!)
Yet this is exactly what my 2 year old car does now. I halt at the lights and the engine powers off. Is this a bug?

Given enough usage, a bug can become a feature.

Iain

Lisi