Re: Social Contract (was ... Re: Irony)

On 8/13/14, Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 09:10:19PM +0200, Slavko wrote:
>> Ahoj,
>>
>> Dňa Mon, 11 Aug 2014 18:01:05 +1200 Chris Bannister
>> <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> napísal:

>> >                             ^^^^^
>> > Needs NOT wants --- there's a HUGE difference.
>>                                 ^^^^^
>>
>> I agree, people need only:
>>
>> - to eat
>> - to drink
>> - to respire and
>> - to sleep
>>
>> - all others are "want".
>
> That was written in the context of what are the users needs with REGARDS
> to an operating system. I suggest the wording has already been carefully
> discussed and debated.

Eaudour Contraire! There is amble room for much more nitpicking and
linguistic deconstructionism.

Dear Chris, you are simply not trying hard enough. We do NOT have
enough percision around these parts!

And really, you should have put quotes around "what are the users
needs" since otherwise it is gramatically dubious and lacking in a
reasonable flow - speaking of context :)

We're certainly not missing for dead horses - you need to open your
eyes brother.

Sorry, that's open your eyes, brother. (I forgot the comma in the
first instance there, so thought I'd add it in... couldn't bare to be
so slopy.)

Best regards,
Zenaan