Re: Irony

On Sat 09 Aug 2014 at 16:47:54 -0400, AW wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Aug 2014 16:26:40 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>
>  > Hi all,
>  >
>  > Some of the reasons I switched my desktop from Ubuntu to Debian were:
>  >
>  > 1) To do more config by editor and less by magical binary program.
>  >
>  > 2) To get rid of gratuitous boot gunge (in this case Plymouth)
>  >
>  > 3) To get closer to the Unix Philosophy
>  >
>  > Within months of my switch, oops, here comes systemd.
>  >
>  > Sometimes, you just have to laugh.
>  >
>  > SteveT
>
> A new thread... I chase this one, knowing full well that convincing anyone of
> anything is nearly impossible.

This is the second thread on the same topic started by the OP in a month.

  https://lists.debian.org/20140705142557.3b9a18bd@mydesq2.domain.cxm

That spawned 200+ replies, none of which has apparently satisfied the
OP's appetite for further exposure. There is another OP thread on the
same topic in the archives from earlier in the year, or late last year.
The need for anyone to offer anything convincing in reply to this latest
off-topic and self-serving post is minimal; its content is effectively
zero.

The technical aspects of systemd as they affect Debian users are in line
with the aims of this list. Even an occasional complaint is acceptable.
But frequent moaning? And honestly, does anyone care why any user chose
to change from Ubuntu or if their expectations were met? A new list
could be proposed for this purpose: debian-shoulders-to-cry-on@l.d.o