Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On Tue 05 Aug 2014 at 00:33:43 +1000, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> On 4/08/2014 11:35 PM, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> >
> > debian packages are not on-demand services, you should apply to "fix"
> > whatever packages you are referring to or give up crying to mailing list
> > feets (still wonder what you "all" are complaining for).
>
> My point is that no packages should rely on systemd, to me, that makes
> no sense.

It is a wonder that GNOME upstream continues on its present course with
such insightful mastery of the technical complexities available to them.
Yet they do:

   https://lists.debian.org/20140720161342.GA20888@copernicus.demon.co.uk

Wasn't it Marie Antoinette (a developer of the Yesterday Linux
distribution) who said "Let them eat consolekit"? Or something like
that.

The one incontrovertible, undeniable fact is that systemd will provide
the default PID 1 in Jessie. If people don't want the default init
system they sort it out for themselves by doing something about it, not
by vociferously advocating a return to the good old days when cake and
bread were equally plentiful and available to the the masses.

--
Systemd is the worst form of init system, except for all those others
that have been tried from time to time.

(Unknown Debian Tech Ctte member)