Re: What is the connection between Microsoft and systemd?

Heh. Sorry for letting that snark leak through.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 3:56 AM, Michael Kjörling <michael@kjorling.se> wrote:
> In <[🔎] CAAr43iMaT3MneTk+W_hf080N04KrCAd06ZDPMcNiS-AmCo1GOQ@mail.gmail.com>
> on 3 Aug 2014 08:21 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
>
>> (I don't use skype, in spite of my sister's hints, because, as much as
>> possible, I don't want anything Microsoft touches on my stuff. When
>> wheezy goes unsupported and the only upgrade path contains systemd,
>> I'll have a hard choice to make. Hopefully, I'll be ready to use
>> openbsd on a daily basis by then. If not, I may decide to use skype
>> after all.)
>
> I looked, but couldn't find much. Since I'm not familiar with systemd,
> could someone please elaborate on what this alleged connection between
> systemd and Microsoft is?

Well, I'm one of those who thinks systemd and the misnamed "/usr
merge" and most of the recent work from freedesktop.org reflect either
a subconscious or conscious effort to re-make *nix in the image of
Microsoft's junk.

> If I just searched for the wrong search terms, a few pointers to some
> (reasonably authoritative) web pages would do nicely.

If it were deliberate, you don't think they would be telling us about
it, now, do you?

;-/

... particularly if there were some intent to leave *nix vulnerable to
Microsoft's claims of IP violations.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.