Re: Finding a replacement for my ISP's smtp server

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:00:00PM +0200, Slavko wrote:
> Ahoj,
>
> Dňa Mon, 28 Jul 2014 20:51:31 +0100 Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
> napísal:
>
> > You never really answered my questiom. If you place something in a
> > public place, a mailserver, for example, why should it be a criminal
> > offence to look at it. If you did not want it to be seen you have the
> > solution at hand.
>
> Yes, i provided answer to you. I try it again: If is something in
> public place, it doesn't mean, that anybody can do anything with it.

To further the analogy that Brian touched on, looking at an object in a
public space is not and cannot be criminal. Using nmap as Brian did, is
like looking at a building and seeing what doors and windows it has, it
doesn't even go so far as checking to see if those doors and windows are
locked.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Tex SEX!  The HOME of WHEELS!  The dripping of COFFEE!!  Take me to
Minnesota but don't EMBARRASS me!!