Re: Finding a replacement for my ISP's smtp server

On Mon 28 Jul 2014 at 21:08:02 +0200, Slavko wrote:

> Dňa Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:57:52 +0100 Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk>
> napísal:
>
> > Do you really mean "criminal"? Which countries are these which
> > criminalise looking at something which is in a public place? Walking
> > round with my eyes closed and my brain closed down isn't an attracive
> > prospect.

You never really answered my questiom. If you place something in a
public place, a mailserver, for example, why should it be a criminal
offence to look at it. If you did not want it to be seen you have the
solution at hand.

> IMO, this is a common mistake, if something is in public place, it
> doesn't mean, that it is a public thing. E.g. if i will on the plaza

By being in public there all sorts of things which can happen to you.
People can do all sorts of things. For example, they can come and talk
to you, buy a meal a meal for you, give you a discarded newpaper to
read, rob you (that's a reportable offence), sing to you, try to sell
you lottery tickets etc, etc.

Don't want any of this; don't go out.

> (it is a public place), then i will still the privacy person :)
> My doors and windows are on public side of my home, but when you will
> try to open them, you can be considered as stealer, etc.

How do feel about people looking at your house and looking in through
the windows? You never know what they are thinking and what information
they are gathering.