Re: New 64bit Installation. Root partition too small--what to do?

On 07/28/2014 01:13 AM, David Baron wrote:
Disk has one region (that I know of) with errors.
I can partition so this region is not used.
Is there some utility to repair it?
Is this sickness like to spread?

You first have to determine *precisely* what is wrong with the drive.
That requires the proprietary information and engineering resources of the drive manufacturer, and the knowledge and skills to use them. The practical answer is to buy another drive.

Temporarily, [my 80 GB drive] should do just fine [as system drive].
Easy to move using lilo :-)

Moving a questionable Linux system image from a broken hard disk drive to a working drive will result in a questionable Linux system. The practical answer is to do a fresh install on the working drive.

HTH,

David