Re: putty login - running gnu screen causes putty console to shrink

Dang gmail again. I'll have to slow down when I reply, gotta make sure
of the reply-all...

On 7/21/14, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 7/20/14, Jason C. Taylor <jason@infinitebubble.com> wrote:

This should have been 'Text-based "tabs" makes...'

On 7/21/14, Jason C. Taylor <jason@infinitebubble.com> wrote:
> [...]

You and me both.

> limited number of things I've ever wanted to do, so I know all the key
> combinations and command line switches that I want to use without thinking
> about them.  Tmux is all new and my fingers don't know what to do to
> accomplish what my brain wants them to. ;-)  I'm also nervous about
> disconnecting and reattaching sessions.  I *know* screen works, but I'm not
> so sure about tmux.  Again, just a familiarity/comfort thing.

When I first looked at tmux it was still beta-ish. Dunno what the
official situation is now, but again, screen does the job.

'When I was a child, we were _lucky_ to have a terminal, let alone a
multiplexing re/detachable thing'. Hacking simcity by hex-editing the
disk bytes for your "money" made the game more indulgent too. First
time I got frustrated enough to search the disk, money was just a hex
version of the decimal value of money - jackpot! That was a satisfying
day.

Regarding Jochen's email - that was indeed meant to be a goat^Wjoke.

Regards,
Zenan