Re: systemd log messages during boot (Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd)

Ahoj,

Dňa Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:41:28 +0200 Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org>
napísal:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 09:42:52AM CEST, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com>
> said:
> > The behavior of the boot messages hasn't changed for me and
> > according to the systemd man pages it shouldn't. So your setup must
> > be different.
>
> I did not change anything, I had messages from all starting daemons, I
> have no more if I do not add systelmd.show_status=true in an unrelated
> configuration file (/etc/default/grub)

Today i find some time to play with systemd in virtual environment and
i go to this problem too. Then i found:

Where is mentioned, that the order of quiet and systemd.show_status=1 is
important, in mean that if the quiet is later, then it rewrites the
systemd.show_status back to false (and this is not expected
nor described behavior).

By this, these two posts, where it works for one and not for other, can
be by this command order.

BTW, the systemd show huge amount of started services, then it is
useless for me (i have only three daemons on this virtual machine
beside the udev and similar), with the sysv all messaged was in one
screen.

regards

--
Slavko