Re: Lost high res desktop settings on vbox upgrade to 4.3.14

Yusaku OGAWA <yus4ku@gmail.com> writes:

> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>> ***************************************************************
>> Warning: unsupported pre-release version of X.Org Server installed.  Not
>> installing the X.Org drivers.
>>  ...done.
>> ***************************************************************
>
> Hi,
>
> Did you upgrade X Server?
>
> It seems that the X.Org Server version 1.*.99 installed on your jessie.
>
> So I think, maybe you should re-execute VBoxLinuxAdditions.run script
> after upgrade "xserver-xorg-core" package to latest version.
>
> You can check your X Server's version.
>
>   $ Xorg -version

I think you hit the jackpot there... I had the version you reference
above so upgraded it.

Then along with Klaus mention of the dkms pkg which was NOT installed.

So those 2 things together has solved my problem... (Along with a step
already taken which was advised by yet another poster (Install an as
yet not released newer version of the guest additions 4.3.15)

No its smooth sailing.  My debian guest picks up the resolution as I
expand it, all the way to my monitors 1900 X 1280... very nice

Thank you sir for the great coaching