Re: Copy machine?

> > is it possible to rsync a virtual machine to a physical machine?
>
> Depends on how the initrd is built.

  This is pretty much it.  I've migrated from Xen, and KVM, to real
 physical machines.

  If you perform the fixups it should work.  Off the top of my head
 the changes you'll need to make include:

  Fixing /etc/fstab to refer to the new disks, rather than /dev/vda, etc.

  Fixing grub for the same reason.

  Installing a suitable kernel and modules, since a Xen kernel won't work, etc.

  Ensuring /dev is fully populated, or using udev.

  Finally updating the initrd image is pretty much mandatory when you
 make these kind of changes.

Steve