Re: networked multi-function colour laser printers

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 14:13:22 +0100
Richard Lyons <richard@the-place.net> wrote:

apparently, it needs a special discover program to be
network discovered (read all, at least until P2):
http://www.bchemnet.com/suldr/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=059e8faf009f3df74e6e30d8aa4f2d6e&action=recent;start=0
also take a look at the root of this site.

this seems to handle everything (?):
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/PRINTER/Samsung/Samsung-CLX-4195FN-SEE-MFP-Print-Scan-Driver-10006-for-Linux.shtml

> I see that HP and OKI both claim to offer Linux drivers, for
> example. The sane-project.org website never has the current
> models, however, so I would like to hear any positive experience
> others have had before buying another expensive failure.

Take a HP, even a 2nd-hand, as in almost all models the
sensitive rig comes with the cartridge.

--
<J.A> I'm such a no-life that when I get out home,
      people think I'm a new neighbor --'