Re: UEFI

On Thursday 10 July 2014 00.44:20 Steve Litt wrote:

> And, for eighty bucks more you can get a small (256GB) SSD mounted
> as /, put nothing on it but /usr and /opt and possibly /boot

I would not call a 256 BG SSd "small" - the biggest I own is 60GB, and all the
system runs on it (on a laptop).

Anyway, my systems never had /boot + /usr bigger than 50GB, so I could happily
save money there :)

It's been a long time since I felt my computer was slow, I'm not after winning
milliseconds - but that sure depends on what sort of task you do.

Thierry