Re: watching films full screen

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 04:06:25PM +0200, Bzzzz wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 16:48:37 +0300
> Rares Aioanei <debian.dev.list@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In my experience, indeed  vlc has the option, but it fails to work
> > most of the time,
>
> Sooo, you have plenty of failures you'd like to share
> with us! As an every day user on multiple machines and
> platforms, I'm dying to here from you - especially where
> mplayer is better (knowing that most of its base
> "best code" was taken from vlc the day it was publish…)

That's interesting to me to hear you say this. Dealing
with a variety of video formats, I find mpv (based on
mplayer) to be much more tolerant of video formats.

Most recently, I observed the VLC won't handle MTS format
videos copied from a video camera, which mplayer/mpv
plays back just fine.

Regards,

Joel